Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What's Going On

Things continue to be busy around here with I'm not even sure what, so my blog-slacking continues. I will try to upload some pictures and maybe even a video or two soon, but for now, here are some highlights of what's going on...

1. Charlotte is talking nonstop. She has been for about a year now, but the words are more clear and she's using more and more words each day. She keeps us laughing with what she says and how she says it. She's adorable and she knows it. When she realizes something she has said makes us laugh, she repeats it over and over to get more laughs. It quickly gets to the point where it's not cute anymore, but she rarely stops when there might still be a laugh or two left in us.

2. I pulled the exersaucer out of the attic today and Naomi has been having a field day with it. Charlotte has even enjoyed showing her how to play with the toys on it and it makes me smile to watch them play together already. I am amazed at how well Charlotte has transitioned into her role as a big sister and how loving she is towards Naomi. This morning while I was holding Naomi, Charlotte told me, "Put Sister down here," as she pointed to the bouncy seat, so that I could make breakfast for her. There have been a few of those moments, but other than that, Charlotte has just loved her sister to pieces.

3. I have become a Chick-fil-A addict. I've bought lunch from there at least five times within the past two weeks. Jared asked me if I heard that their sales had gone up 50%, and started telling me about this article he read that said they've been able to target it to their Florida locations and that their Jacksonville locations were now the most profitable and they've pinpointed it to the repeat customers at the restaurant on Southside Blvd., specifically the woman in the Toyota minivan who has been going through the drive-through every day. I thought he was serious until he got to the part about Southside Blvd. He thinks he's so funny... :)

4. Last week Naomi mastered the skill of rolling over, but she isn't really a fan of being on her stomach, so she would then fuss about the predicament of being on her tummy and not knowing how to get back over. She is finally tolerating being on her tummy more and has even started lifting her head to look around and see what is in front of her to grab and play with. This is a skill that comes at an earlier age for many babies, but not all babies are 16.5 pounds before they are 4 months old! She's a chunk and I love it! She continues to have issues if I eat any dairy, but they seem to be getting better. Hopefully I will not be banned from milkshakes and chocolate for the year that I plan to nurse her!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Good to hear from you! "She lives!!" Haha :) Chick-Fil-A is ridiculously good and I'm jealous that you are so close to it! Gotta love that lemonade and Chick-Fil-A sauce! :)

The Colbert Crew said...

I am so excited to get your birth announcement and even more thrilled to hear you blog. I don't really do facebook ,but love to keep up with people. Your girls are beautiful and I love their names. I have a blog too. thecolbertcrew.blogspot.com
I have bookmarked your blog and can't wait to hear more news.
Dana