Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Here are a few cute things Charlotte said yesterday that still have me smiling:

We were getting ready to eat lunch and Charlotte quickly went through her prayer, "Kank-ku (Thank you) Mommy, Daddy, Sister. Amen. Kank-ku food. Amen!" I asked her who we prayed to and she knowingly answered, "God... and Jesus." Then I asked her who Jesus was, and she replied, "God's Son." So yeah, our two-year-old is saved :) I know she doesn't get it at this point but it does make a momma's heart happy to know that she is making connections about some things that can be quite difficult to understand.

And while I was at my Bible study yesterday evening, Jared took Charlotte to the playground in our neighborhood. She looked up and said, "Daddy! The moon! It's pretty!" Then reached up and said, "Can't reach it... Turtle stool?!" Her Auntie Arin and Uncle Dusty gave her a stool for Christmas in the shape of a turtle. (Arin's parents make them, along with lots of other great toys and furniture!). A little later she saw an airplane fly over and again reached up, said she couldn't reach it, and asked for her stool. :)

I love that kid!!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

Too cute! I love it! :) She is hilarious.

Arin Rollins said...

What a smart girl... and cute too! She's got it all! :o)

marcel said...

this is so cute =)

best wishes, marcel

http://worldandeverything.blogspot.com/