Wednesday, November 11, 2009

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!

Last week we down to Disney with some of Jared's family and we had a blast! It was the first time Charlotte and her cousins, Anson & Ella, had been there. Like any excited parent, I took a ton of pictures and will just give you a recap of the day in photographs...

Charlotte and Ella in their limousine


I thought I would be smart and take a picture of the sign for the parking lot we were in... You can see how well that worked out...


Riding the "Choo-Choo"


Peek-a-Boo!


Anson riding down a slide in Toon Town... I can't believe how tall and skinny he's getting!


Weee!


Pop and his girls


I've never even thought of doing it that way before!


Riding the Winnie the Pooh ride


Waiting to fly on Dumbo!


Ella and her Prince Charming


Not a great picture of the two of us but it's better than the three previous we took


Ready for Mickey's PhilharMagic show. Charlotte giggled and squealled through the entire thing! It was so much fun just to watch her!


Little Minnie Mouse


Family photo op on the Jungle Cruise


The kids "steering" the boats


All three of the kids were so good throughout the day, despite this being the only nap taken (and it was only 40 minutes)!


And my favorite picture from the day: Charlotte on her Prince Charming's shoulders when she saw Mickey Mouse for the first time!

The postcard-worthiness of this photo with the castle in the background, combined with how excited she was to see Mickey (with a few pregnant hormones thrown in for good measure), I was fighting a few tears. Charlotte loves watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse (the first thing she asks for when waking up is "Mickey"), so she was thrilled to see him in the parade.

We could not have asked for a more perfect day. The weather was fantastic, the crowds and lines weren't too bad, and the kids behaved themselves all day long. I know Charlotte won't remember this trip, but she had so much fun and seeing her face light up at seeing Mickey was so worth the trip down there. Plus, kids under 3 get in for free! And this was only the first part of our long weekend- I'll try to share the rest of the photos tomorrow (try to contain the excitement, folks!)

Arin will be blogging about the trip soon, too, and as soon as she does, I'll likely steal borrow some of her pictures :)

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I'm so glad y'all had such a good time! I'm sure this was just the first of many Disney memories for y'all. Oh, and Anson is so big!! When did that happen?!

Anonymous said...

Oh she is so adorable! Glad you had a great first experience. We've only been once with Connor and we are 45 minutes away! He asks often to go back! Hope you are enjoying the last few weeks of being a parent of one =) Can't wait to hear the news of Naomi's arrival!

Arin Rollins said...

What a fun day! We were so glad to share it with you! Great pics! I need to get my act together and post some pics!