Tuesday, December 9, 2008

After All These Years...

I started and saved this post from last Tuesday but forgot to actually publish it. Whoops! Anyway, almost one week late, but oh well...


Today is my and Jared's second anniversary! God has been so good and I'm so grateful that He has blessed us with each other. I get to spend each and every day with my best friend. It is such an amazing comfort to know that I will always have him by my side and that He'll be here for me no matter what. Thinking back to almost four years ago when we went on that ski trip, I knew almost right away that there would be something special with Jared. I called my mom while on the trip and asked, "How would you feel about having a Rollins in the family?" Her response was, "Well, not tomorrow..." (Side note: She thought I was referring to Gavin, Jared's brother who is much closer to my age and a friend of mine who she knew from us going to school and church together [Gavin and I ended up going to our Senior Prom together! A story for the grandkids...]).

This weekend we'll be going away on our first trip together since Charlotte was born! Her Toto and Grammy (his mom and mine) will be tag-teaming over the weekend so we can have a nice little escape to Savannah. We are both so excited to get away!

2 comments:

Arin Rollins said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! You two are so cute together and I'm so glad you're a Rollins!

luke and wyatt's mom said...

That is soooo funny about your mom thinking the Rollins was Gavin!! Happy Anniversary! Glad you got to take a trip!!