Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stink Eye Things

Yesterday I noticed some goopy mess coming out of Naomi's left eye and this morning it was an even goopier, crusty mess. After a phone call and visit to the doctor to confirm that it is pink eye, I made a visit to the pharmacy for the meds and a visit to the health food store for some herbal stuff that will hopefully prevent the rest of us from getting the nasty mess. The bright side of it all is that the doctor recommended Jared not go into work for a day just to make sure he doesn't have it and doesn't spread it. This evening I was trying to tell him that I hated that he was home because one of our girls was sick, but that I was glad he was home with us. But he stopped me when the only words I had gotten out were, "I hate that you're home..." and threw a sarcastic hissy fit. Much like the time he did when I was telling him that although painting was a pain, I really liked doing things with him, though it came out, "It's a pain, but I enjoy spending the time with you." Somehow the words and thoughts are lost in translation between my brain and mouth.

Anyway, lots has been happening lately but I just can't seem to find haven't made the time to post the cute pictures and videos of it all. Maybe with Jared home I'll be able to get some of it posted tomorrow. Nah, that's pretty unlikely since one of the fun facets of pink eye is that it is very contagious so I'll be washing sheets and blankets and wiping down toys and shampooing carpets and such things tomorrow. And did I mention Naomi is just a sweet ball of sunshine when she's not feeling well? Oh, I didn't mention that? That's good, 'cause if I had said anything along those lines it would have been a lie. Anyway, here are a couple pictures of her back when she didn't have a nasty eye infection and was being her cute little self.


1 comments:

Shannon said...

Please give her a get well hug for me!