Thursday, August 27, 2009

Potty Skills

Charlotte went poopie on the potty tonight! Woo-hoo! Right before bedtime, after she had just had a dirty diaper changed (apparently she had not finished her business), she pulled me into the bathroom and started to climb onto the toilet (with the lid down). I got the hint, so I put her little potty seat on the toilet, plopped her on it, and sure enough, she started pooping! (The things you never thought you'd talk about before becoming a mother...)

What made it adorable, if it's possible for anything to be adorable while such matters are taking place, was that after each and every grunt and toot, she would smile big and clap for herself. It was precious. We rewarded her with two marshmallows from Lucky Charms, the only part of that cereal she believes to be worth anything.

Every now and then she'll grab at her diaper or bring me a fresh diaper to let me know she would like to be changed, but I haven't been consistent with putting her on the potty to even pretend or practice she's going, so she's showing some initiative for getting potty trained all on her own!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey Brittany! That is so cute! I always love reading your blog! and seeing all your videos of Charlotte! She is such a cutie!

Anonymous said...

She's such a BIG girl!! And I agree, the marshmellows are the only part worth anything ;)

And, um, we totally had several conversations about pooping pre-Charlotte. Corn, lettuce... hahaha!